Assigned Games: 12-12-1
Best Bets: 19-9, Up 1158%
- Opening Line: Arizona -2.5
- Current Line: Arizona -2.5
- Over/Under: 48
- Location: Lumen Field, Seattle, WA
- Start Time: 4:25 PM EST, SUN 11/21
- Last Meeting: Seahawks 28, Cardinals 21 at Seattle in 2020
This game matches up the 4th rated Cardinals vs the 13th rated Seahawks by DVOA. Granted, Football Outsiders admits these ratings don’t account for QBs being injured during the duration of their data gathering, but it’s hard not to see the Cardinals as a team on the rise, with the Seahawks a half game away from shutting it down for the year.
Tactically, the Cardinals have a massive edge when it comes to coaching (not motivational/subjective, but from an X/Os standpoint) according to EDJ Sports Coach Rankings. But more striking, even if backup Colt McCoy plays, there is one datapoint that is screaming Cardinals in this matchup: Cardinals backup QB, by SIS metrics is currently the #1 ranked QB vs the blitz, yet ONLY the 31st when clean. And since the Seahawks blitz at the 7th highest rate in the league, we see this as either a strong matchup vs a backup QB, or a “returning party” for their franchise QB in Kyler Murray.
- The Seahawks have an ATS record of 3-2 when playing as at least 2-point underdogs this season.
- So far this year, just one of Seattle’s games has gone over the point total.
- Seattle and its opponents have scored more than 48 combined points just twice this season.
There just doesn’t seem to be much left in the tank for the Seahawks, and given the solid matchup the Cardinals have, with or with their QB, we have to side with them in this matchup.
Prediction: Cardinals 27, Seahawks 20